- TikTok has a new feature that tells you who's viewed your profile.
- To enable Profile View History, open your TikTok profile and tap the eye icon in the top-right corner.
- While you have Profile View History on, other people will see when you visit their profile too.
TikTok has hundreds of millions of users, with more joining every day. If you're trying to grow a TikTok fanbase, don't you want to know which of those users are visiting your profile?
How to tell who's viewed your TikTok profile
There used to be no way to tell when someone looked at your TikTok profile. But a new feature changes that.
The Profile View History feature creates a list of the users who've visited your profile in the last 30 days. The catch is that it only lists users who also have Profile View History turned on.
This means that when you turn the feature on, it'll make you visible on other users' history lists. It's a two-way-street — if you get to see who's viewing your profile, other users get to see you too.
Here's how to turn it on.
1. Open TikTok and head to your profile page by tapping it in the bottom-right corner.
2. Tap the eye icon in the top-right, then select Turn on.
3. You'll be given a list of everyone that's looked at your profile in the last 30 days. From this page, you can tap their usernames to view their profiles, or just tap Follow.
If you ever want to turn this feature off, open this list again and then tap the gear icon in the top-right.
Tech Reporter for Insider Reviews
William Antonelli (he/she/they) is a writer, editor, and organizer based in New York City. As a founding member of the Reference team, he helped grow Tech Reference (now part of Insider Reviews) from humble beginnings into a juggernaut that attracts over 20 million visits a month. Outside of Insider, his writing has appeared in publications like Polygon, The Outline, Kotaku, and more. He's also a go-to source for tech analysis on channels like Newsy, Cheddar, and NewsNation. You can find him on Twitter @DubsRewatcher, or reach him by email at email@example.com.
Read more Read less