Prince Harry’s return to the UK could drive a wedge between his estranged brother, Prince William, and their dad, King Charles III.
“It’s going to represent huge challenges for William,” royal reporter Tom Sykes exclusively told Page Six, referring to Harry and Meghan Markle’s bombshell news that they will be moving back to England at the end of the month.
“William is gonna have to figure out how he is going to respond to this,” Sykes added, noting that it won’t be “sustainable” for the Prince of Wales to continue refusing to see or speak to his younger brother.
“The Royalist” Substack author believes William will have trouble navigating royal family events attended by Harry.
“What is going to happen if Charles invites Harry to join the royal family for Christmas? What is going to happen if Harry wants to attend the Remembrance Day celebrations?” Sykes wondered.
“What is going to happen if his father endorses Harry by appearing in public shoulder to shoulder with him? It’s a huge succession of challenges for William.”
The journalist also predicted that Harry will likely seek Charles’ support for his Invictus Games, which is the Duke of Sussex’s international multi-sport event for wounded, injured and sick military personnel.
“I think the other thing that this is clearly also about is getting the King to support Invictus Games, which are in serious trouble with their fundraising,” Sykes claimed.
“But now, if Harry is able to very rapidly re-establish proximity to the King, and is able to deliver the King as a guest at Invictus Games, or even better, is able to deliver the King as the dignitary opening the Invictus Games, then I think that you will suddenly see sponsors flocking towards that.”
Sykes would see this as “a huge victory” for Harry and “a huge mistake” for Charles.
“These two are incredibly unpopular,” Sykes said, referring to Harry and the As Ever founder. “Now here they are coming back with a tail between their legs.”
The royal insider views Harry and Markle’s move back to the UK as an admission of their failure in the United States.
Want more celebrity and pop culture news?
Start your day with Page Six Daily.
Thanks for signing up!
“I think if there was another hundred-million-dollar deal on the table, they wouldn’t be rushing home,” Sykes said. “And I think ultimately it’s a very dangerous situation that Charles has allowed himself to be manipulated into welcoming them home because this would not be happening without the King’s endorsement.”
Page Six confirmed this week that Harry, Markle and their two kids — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — would be moving back to the UK for “an extended period” at the end of the month.
Sykes exclusively told Page Six that Harry had been house-hunting in the Cotswolds, the ultra-posh countryside enclave where Charles’ Highrove House is located. They are reportedly going to live in a “non-royal residence,” according to the Sun.
Sources told Page Six that they were moving so their children could be closer to Charles, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2024, and to ensure they have relationships with their royal family members.
We’re told Charles, 77, learned that they would be moving back just this past Sunday. We’re also told that William has no plans to reconnect with Harry when he and Markle return.
William, 44, and Harry, 41, have been feuding since the latter and his wife resigned from their royal duties in 2020 and moved to Montecito, California — only to go on several press rants in which they dragged the royal family.
However, Harry and Charles have been mending their relationship and even got together with Queen Camilla, Markle, Archie and Lilibet for the first time in four years just last month.
Welcome to the Page Six Community!
Our community is about connecting people through open and thoughtful conversations. We want our readers to share their views and exchange ideas in a safe space.
In order to do so, we've created a simple set of rules that will improve your experience.
Simply put, keep it civil.
Your post will/might be rejected if it contains:
- Spam
- Insults, profanity, incoherent, obscene or inflammatory language and threats of any kind
- Attacks on the identity of other commenters or the article's author
User accounts will/might be blocked if we notice:
- Continuous attempts to re-post comments that have been previously moderated/rejected
- Racist, sexist, or homophobic comments
- Attempts or tactics that put the site security at risk
So, how can you be a power user?
- Stay on topic and share your passion. Feel free to elaborate to get your point across.
- 'Like' or 'Dislike' when you are filled with emotions!
- Protect your community. Use the report tool to alert us when someone breaks the rules.
Thanks for reading our community guidelines. Don't forget, freedom of speech is not the freedom of reach!

2 hours ago
18


